We always want to find that balance of eating healthy but wanting to add a little bit of boujie essence. These crostini`s are so quick and easy to make for yourself or guests as an appetizer. The creamy ricotta mixed with sweet and savoury drizzles with keep you licking your lips until next time!
- 1 Baguette
- 1 Container of Ricotta
- 1 Container of Wildflower Honey
- 1 bottle of truffle balsamic reduction
- 1 box of arugula sprouts
- Olive oil
- Lemon rind
- Take your baguette and cut as many slices as you need, put them on a pan, drizzle some olive oil and pop them into the oven for a light crisp (about 10 minutes)
- Place your crostini`s on a plate and salt them before letting them cool for about 7 minutes
- Take a tablespoon of ricotta and spread a thick portion onto the crostini
- Put a generous pinch of salt and cracked pepper
- Take a spoon and lightly drizzle your honey
- Grab a small amount of arugula sprouts and place on top
- Drizzle truffle balsamic on top
- Grate lemon rind into slivers and place on top to finish it off
The idea here is that you want a fun bite but with an elevated taste. Crisping your baguette gives it texture while the creamy ricotta sits like a pillow on top. Salting the ricotta brings out the favour and the honey is used to make is sweeter. Pairing the honey and earthy arugula together is what gives this its depth. It`s hard to describe the taste of truffles and maybe that is why I get so addicted to eating these, it has so many flavor profiles. Adding the touch of citrus really brings these crostini`s together.
Tip: If you`re having people over pair this with a charcuterie board, as I did.